Wednesday, September 3, 2008

All right then.

Yesterday, I had a new experience.

I rode the public transit system - Known as the Fred Bus here in Fredericksburg.

In the 12 years or so of my living here, I've never taken advantage of the fact that this area has a public transit, mainly because if I've ever needed a ride somewhere, I've always had someone who could give me a lift, or I've had my own vehicle to get me from point A to point B.

It was definitely interesting. I went from Central Park to downtown. I had to ask the driver what I was supposed to do in order to get downtown - Do I switch buses? Stay on the same one? Do I need to pay another fare?

It turned out that the bus I was on was switching routes from the Central Park area to downtown, so all I needed to do was sit tight. Being my first time, the driver (I wish I had gotten his name, he was incredibly helpful) said I didn't need to pay an extra $.25 when switching routes. He even took me closer to my destination than the actual stop.

All in all, it was pretty nifty.

No comments: